The goals of the SR 436 transit corridor study are to:
- Identify alternatives to improve mobility and access to transit and other project goals.
- Understand the nature of transit travel along the corridor, and the SR 436 transit service’s relationship to other LYNX services as well as the use of SunRail.
- Promote and encourage redevelopment projects in the communities and neighborhoods along the corridor to be transit supportive by integrating transit, bicycle, and pedestrian amenities within developments.
- Analyze the impact of tourism-related trips in the corridor.
- Analyze the relationship of transit and existing and proposed land uses.
- Understand the transportation needs of the unique populations living, working, and visiting this corridor.
- Emphasize context sensitive complete streets fundamentals.